Monday 31 August 2015

...some bits & bobs

Hello to you lovely people of the blogging world.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Bank Holiday Weekend? Mine has consisted of me sitting on the sofa in my PJ's due to feeling a bit rough and run down. But it has also given me some time to sit down and write this blog post =]

I thought I'd let you know about some of the exciting things I've been up to/have planned.

So let's get straight to it!

  1. Cushion Covers & a Bumbag 

I took on TWO new sewing projects over the past 2 weeks. I followed a pattern for the bumbag as I had never made one before. I found this AMAZING blog post by Daisy Janie. There are sooooooo many tutorials on how to make some gorgeous items! 
Check it out here

The instructions are so simple to follow and she has even made some templates for you to download and print out...what a BABE! 

Here is what hers looked like...                               


...and here's how mine turned out!















Now, it's definitely not perfect but for my first go, I think it's turned out pretty well. 

If anyone has any sewing tips that they'd like to share with me, please leave a comment below =]

I didn't use a pattern for the cushion covers as I have made them many times before. They follow a  simple envelope design and are super easy to make. If you'd like to make some yourself, here is an awesome video tutorial that explain what to do...


      2. New Ink 


Some of you who know me, will also know that I have quite a few tattoos. I like tattoos, always have & always will.
I recently entered a competition that was being held by my friend's NEW tattoo shop Carousel Custom Tattoos, Newbury
Now I won't go into much detail about the competition but the winner would get THREE hours of tattooing (in one session) for HALF PRICE!! So that's £90 instead of £180 aaaannnnddd

I WON!! 


I've wanted to get the top of my feet inked for yeeeaaarrrrss and I have been planning on getting my left foot done for a few months now. So I think you've probably all worked out what I going to do haha!!

I'm booked in on Wednesday 16th September so keep a eye out on Instagram/Twitter to see a picture!!

     3. Personalised Recipe Book


My boyfriend and I really enjoy cooking together. He is more into main meals and I prefer baking - together, we have all courses covered. Perfect! We decided to get a blank recipe book so that we could write down all of the recipes we have made and enjoyed.
The recipe book we bought was from Amazon and only cost £5.99 - Click here to get the same one!

Some of the recipes we have made so far are.....

Chocolate Chilli Cake
Crispy Chilli Beef
Reece's Pieces Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcakes
Tomato & Garlic Pasta Bake


Well that's it for now but I actually have another blog post lined up for once!!

Big loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment