Thursday 20 August 2015

...Flux Dance Theatre

Good evening world!

I wanted to take some time to introduce you to

Flux Dance Theatre

Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have noticed me retweeting a number of tweets written by Flux but you still may not know a lot about who FLUX is and what amazing things they are up to! 

If you've been a good little blog reader and already clicked the link above to visit their website, then you'll see that FLUX is made up of many different components and that it's not very surprising to see that they have SO many exciting things happening right now. 

I was given the wonderful opportunity to join FLUX last week to help create a new piece of work. It was such an interesting project to be involved in because it inspired & motivated me physically & mentally. The company of dancers that came together for this project were a combination of professional & youth dancers. That in itself is super exciting! As a group, we had a total of four days to generate movement material and create a brand spanking new piece. As you may imagine, everyone worked their socks off and the piece was finished with some extra time for a small informal sharing on the Friday afternoon. 

I don't really want to spend a lot of time telling you what the work is based on as I'd love for each and every one of you to go and check it out on Saturday 12th September at the British Science Fringe Festival, Bradford (For more info click HERE). 

But I will tell you this...

I have discovered that I am incredibly interested in

EPIGENETICS


Here's a little video to give you an idea about what an earth I'm waffling on about! 


I'm going to leave it there for this little post but if you don't want to know more about FLUX then check out their website http://www.fluxdancetheatre.com

OR

Follow FLUX on Twitter @FluxDance 

Until next time,

Big loves x

No comments:

Post a Comment